Method of taking creatine with and without loading. Which one is more effective. How to drink the supplement. Do I need to take breaks.
Every professional athlete is aware of the benefits and importance of a substance such as creatine monohydrate, or simply creatine, to the body. This is a special acid that takes part in the energy metabolism that takes place in nerve and muscle cells. Buy Methenolone enanthate in Australia in bodybuilding is and actively use to solve a number of problems – accelerating muscle growth, increasing strength, increasing aerobic endurance, and so on. But, despite the effectiveness, many athletes are afraid to include this type of sports nutrition in their diet. The reason is commonplace – they don’t know how to take creatine monohydrate, which intake regimen to follow, and how long to take the supplement. Consider these points in more detail.
Below we’ll talk about how to take creatine monohydrate without reference to the manufacturer or form of the product. Two schemes can be distinguished here:
- No boot mode. This option is recommended for all athletes without exception. Its advantages are ease of administration, minimum risks and the ability to reduce the total amount of supplements consumed. The daily portion is 5-6 grams. At the same time, creatine should be taken in the following time periods:
- On the days when training is planned, creatine monohydrate should be ingested after receiving exercise. It is allowed to take powder (capsules) together with a gainer, protein shake or amino acid complex. To speed up the process of assimilation of creatine, it is desirable to drink it with sweet juice (for example, grape). Dosage – 5 grams;
- On the day when the workout is not planned, creatine should be drunk in the morning. As in the previous case, it should be washed down with sweet juice. It is allowed to mix creatine with carbohydrate-protein mixtures, protein and amino acid complexes.
- Boot mode. If you ask an experienced athlete how to take creatine in capsules or powder, he can recommend the loading option. The main difference is the need for active intake of the supplement several times a day, in between meals. The average dosage (day) is 20 grams, divided into four doses. Duration of admission is 60 days, after which it is worth resting 21-28 days.
If a training is planned during the day, then one of the techniques should be after classes. The rules (regarding mixing with drinks and sports supplements) are similar to those described above. In this mode, creatine is taken 5-6 days, after which the dose is reduced to 2 grams once a day. Reception time – after waking up (if no training is planned during the day) or after classes. Duration of admission is 30 days, followed by a break of 21-28 days.
In both the first and second cases, the volume of fluid consumed, which is washed down or in which creatine is mixed, should be 200-250 ml.
When to take it right?
Above, we examined how much supplements are needed, and by what algorithm to take it. Now consider what time creatine will be most effective. If you believe the research, then creatine is most quickly absorbed after exercise, because it is during this period that the protein-carbohydrate “window” opens and metabolic processes are accelerated.
As for the reception before the start of classes, such a scheme takes place, but the effectiveness is lower. In addition, creatine affects the work of many organs in the body, which can lead to a violation of the water balance. This is why all transport systems are recommended to drink after class. There is only one exception – pre-workouts, a portion of which must enter the body before receiving a load.
The aforementioned rule was confirmed by studies conducted in 2013. Scientists have come to the conclusion that for gaining strength and rapid mass gain, creatine must be taken immediately after exercise. During training, drinking the supplement is useless, because it will not provide the expected result. As for the days when there is no training, the best time here is morning, when there is a sufficient amount of growth hormone in the body.
Do I need a download?
Discussions are still ongoing in sports circles about how much creatine is worth taking and whether a supplement is needed. And really. 20 grams per day is a serious amount that not every athlete will decide on. We must not forget about the high cost, which scares beginners. On the other hand, the presence of a load followed by the use of creatine in small doses allows you to maintain a sufficient level of a substance in the blood for a long period.
With regard to loading, several experiments were carried out that proved that there was no need for such a mode. As it turned out, the “boot” mode is no different from the classic intake of 3 grams of creatine per day. Therefore, the question of whether to use the download in practice or not remains on the “conscience” of each athlete.
Below, we highlight the main pros and cons of such a regimen:
- Loading creatine is a chance to get fast training results and to maintain a high level of a substance in the blood at a long level. But! There is a risk of side effects, increased powder consumption and, as a result, increased costs.
- No-load creatine – less risk of side effects and minimal product consumption. But! The first results come only after a month of administration, and the effect itself is less noticeable.
There is another formula for the reception, which is very contradictory. An employee of AST Sport Science, Paul Crib, and part-time head of the research department, proposed his option on how to take creatine monohydrate. The essence of the method lies in the fact that the classic version of taking the supplement overloads the blood with a useful element, and the muscles have to put up with a huge concentration of this substance. Because of this, the beneficial properties of creatine are suppressed, and its ability to penetrate through cell membranes is impaired. In such a situation, it may take longer to restore efficiency to its previous level. To restore the activity of cleavage is possible only in the case of a reduction in dosage or stopping the supplement.
So, Paul Crib offers to drink creatine according to the 3 by 3 scheme, that is, for three days the supplement is taken, after which a break is made for the same three days. This proposal has caused a lot of discussion in wide circles. Conducted after this test revealed several shortcomings in the research of Crib:
- First, creatine concentration decreases not after three days of intake, as suggested by Paul, but after a month;
- Secondly, taking creatine in a maintenance dosage allows you to keep creatine in the muscles at a high level for a long time;
- Thirdly, additional studies have proven that creatine is not able to suppress the transport activity of a substance in principle.
Based on the foregoing, it can be concluded that the use of the additive according to the cyclic scheme has no justification and it is not worth taking the scheme into account.
By the way, scientists conducted another study on the fact of a decrease in the amount of creatine entering the body. The study involved 20 adults who received on average no more than 2 grams of creatine per day. After 1.5 months, the results were knocked out. As it turned out, there was no increase in strength, muscle mass, fat, or volume of fluid. This means that there is no point in saving on taking monohydrate. If you take the supplement, then in full.
What to drink?
When considering how much to take creatine, one should not forget about the rules of admission. Here it is worth recalling the task of the element, which plays the function of transport from blood to muscle cells. If you drink the supplement with plain water, then most of the creatine passes through the body, without providing any benefit. In order to improve the absorption of creatine, the latter must come with insulin – a hormone that has a powerful anabolic effect. As a result, muscles quickly consume active substances coming from outside.
To make taking creatine more effective, it is worth taking it in combination with the following additives (drinks):
- Amino acid complexes in the amount of 5-15 grams;
- Protein supplements (preferably whey protein). Serving – 20-25 grams;
- Carbohydrates (only fast). The best option here is to sweeten the water with regular sugar or drink creatine juice.
As for other transport systems, their effectiveness and a positive impact on digestibility is questionable. If you wish, you can purchase sports nutrition in which creatine already comes with a transport system. In such a situation, the main requirement is to drink the supplement with a large volume of water in order to accelerate the digestion process.
Do not forget about the influence of a number of additives on the quality of assimilation of monohydride. In particular, the following elements and substances can influence this – anabolics, growth hormone, insulin and thyroxine.
In conclusion, I would like to note the importance of long-term use. Studies show that this element is allowed to be taken continuously, but in order to avoid a decrease in muscle susceptibility to a useful substance, after 2 months of taking it is still better to take a break. As for the choice of the scheme, here everyone has the right to decide for himself which of the options is most suitable.
This post was originally published on Journalism Trends